I will be going over how to install and configure horizon view connection server. This includes installing the connection server, licensing horizon view, configure event database, and replacing self signed certificate.
Demo is running Horizon View 7.7, Windows Server 2016, and SQL Server 2017.
Install connection server
On your Connection Server run “VMware-Horizon-Connection-Server-x86_64-X.X.X.exe” as administrator.
At the welcome screen press next and accept the license agreement.
Specify installation location
At the installation options screen select Horizon 7 Standard Server and your IP protocol.
Note: Leave Install HTML Access checked if you plan using HTML access function. Otherwise, uncheck to disable this feature.
At the Data Recovery screen create a password. This password is required when restoring from a backup. Make sure you remember this password!
At the firewall configuration screen choose Configure Windows Firewall automatically.
At the Initial Horizon 7 Administrators page chose either Authorize the local Administrators group or Authorize a specific domain user or domain group. This configures administrator permissions to admin console.
At the user experience improvement program screen you can choose to participate in CEIP program from VMware.
After installation has completed, verify services on connection server.
- VMware Horizon View Blast Secure Gateway
- VMware Horizon View Connection Server
- VMware Horizon View Framework Component
- VMware Horizon View Message Bus Component
- VMware Horizon View PCoIP Secure Gateway
- VMware Horizon View Script Host
- VMware Horizon View Security Gateway Component
- VMware Horizon View Web Component
Verify web interface is reachable (HTTPS://FQDN of connection server)
You have successfully installed connection server.
Licensing Horizon View
Open a web browser and connect to the admin interface of a connection server. (HTTPS://FQDN of connection server/admin) and log in.
Once logged in go to “Product and Licensing and Usage” under “View Configuration”
Click “Edit License” and add license.
Configure Event Database
Go to Event Configuration under View Configuration
Click edit on Event Database
Edit Event Database window should appear. Provide the information for the following:
- Database Server
- Hostname/FQDN of Database Server
- Database Type
- Microsoft SQL Server/ Orcale
- Name of Event Database (Example “ViewEvents”
- User Name
- Name of account be used to create connection between the database server and connection server.
- Use SQL Server Authentication for this user. Do not use the Integrated Windows Authentication security model method of authentication.
- Password/Confirm Paassword
- Password of user account used to connect to SQL Server
Press OK to configure your event database.
You have successfully configured event database. See next page in order to replace Self Signed Certificate.